August 28, 2017
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Donna Pierce-Clark (Born 1948)
Donna Pierce-Clark - Bixby Bridge, Big Sur
Donna Pierce-Clark - Meeting Place
Donna Pierce-Clark - Lake Logan, Early Morning
Donna Pierce-Clark - Beyond the Spillway, Early Morning
Donna Pierce-Clark - Pacific Surf
Donna Pierce-Clark - Storm Overhead, Little Maders Farm
Donna Pierce-Clark - Early Morning, Indian Lake
Donna Pierce-Clark - Big Sur Sea Mist
Donna Pierce-Clark - Autumn Splendor
Donna Pierce-Clark - Fall Reflections 2
Donna Pierce-Clark - Fall Reflections
Donna Pierce-Clark - Hampton Bean Fields
- Image of the Day -
"Bixby Bridge, Big Sur"
Feature Artist Bio
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the first of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by American
landscape painter Donna Pierce-Clark (born 1948 in Ohio, USA).
At 9 years of age, Donna was introduced to the wet-into-wet method, enjoying the smooth gliding motion of wet chalk on wet construction paper. At the age of 16, she was presented with many aspects of fine art; but loved mostly watching inks float freely on wet paper. At this age, she experienced classic art instruction (perspective drawing, painting, fashion design, & art history). She stood in awe, beholding the beauty of stained glass windows, the play of light as it bounced from one pane to the next. As a youth, she accompanied her father to many Catholic churches throughout the Cincinnati, Dayton, & Columbus areas of Ohio.
Following high school, she completed a degree in Art Education in Dayton, Ohio, and began teaching art at the secondary level. While working on her Masters in Special Education, she continued explorations of watercolor, oil & acrylic painting through workshops under internationally-renowned artists: Dreama Tolle Perry (2014-present), Becky Joy (2013), Chuck Marshall (2010), Elin Pendleton (2010), Sandy Maudlin (09), Judi Betts (07), Stephen Quiller (05), Pat Dews, (04), Joseph Fettingis (00), Cheng Khee-Chee (99), Paul St. Denis (95), and Tom Lynch (94).
Most of the undulating shapes and lines of her landscapes are in direct response to exploring hills, meadows, forests & mountain ranges across the United States. Atlantic and Pacific coastal visits inspired paintings of rocky cliffs, waterfalls, serene beach scenes, and lighthouses. Travels to the southwestern states of Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico have jump-started a love of abstract/expressionist painting.
A member of Daily Paint Works, an online auction site for painters, she paints daily small works, actively keeps up her blog, Newsletter, and occasional workshops. As well as painting and selling professionally, she presently teaches classes in both watercolors and oils, at the Troy Hayner Cultural Center, in Troy, Ohio.
- 2017 Ohio Watercolor Society, Exhibit, Holbein Award
- 2015 Ohio Plein Air Society 2015 Juried Exhibition, Springfield, Ohio, OHIO PRAIRIES, Springfield Museum of Art
- 2014 Western Ohio Watercolor Society
- 2013 Western Ohio Watercolor Society
- 2012 Ohio Plein Air Society 2012 Juried Exhibition, Springfield, Ohio (December 1- January 13, 2013), Springfield Museum of Art
- 2011 Western Ohio Watercolor Society
- 2010 Aquarius National Watercolor Exhibition, Colorado
- 2010 Troy Hayner Cultural Center, Ohio, "A Splash of Color," a 3-woman show
- 2010 Western Ohio Watercolor Society, Springfield, Ohio, FIRST PLACE Transparent Watercolor
- 2009 Western Ohio Watercolor Society
- 2008 Art Association of Randolph County, Indiana
- 2007 Art Association of Randolph County, Indiana
- 2006 Art Space/Lima, Lima, Ohio (Plein Air)
- 2005 Western Ohio Watercolor Society, Springfield, Ohio, BEST OF SHOW
Recent SOLO Exhibits/Demos/Workshops
- Troy Hayner Cultural Center, 3-woman exhibit, 30 Oil paintings, Fall 2016
- Troy Hayner Cultural Center, Fall 2016
- Bear's Mill, Greenville, Ohio, April 1 - May 8, 2016
- Fifth-Third Bank, Dayton, Ohio, plein-air and studio works, September, 2013
- University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio, Marian Exhibit, 32 paintings and one sculpture, August-October, 2011
- Troy Hayner Cultural Center, Ohio, “A Splash of Color,” a three woman show
- Synesthesia Gallery, Centerville, Ohio (YUPO Exhibit & Workshop), 60 Abstracts on Yupo, Summer, 2010
- LAWS, Lima Area Watercolor Society, Lima, Ohio (Transparent Watercolor Workshop) 2010
- Centerville Art Gallery, Centerville, Ohio 2010
- Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society, Cincinnati, Ohio (Open Acrlic Demonstration & Workshop) 2009
ARTIST'S OFFICIAL BIO https://donnapierceclark.com/about
“My impressionist landscapes (oils and acrylics) are primarily on Ampersand Gesso panels, a smooth, but slightly absorbent surface for multiple layers of pigment. When paintng En Plein Air, I strive to capture the atmosphere I am experiencing: soft warm breezes over a shimmering Ohio lake, pungent fragrances of a newly-harvested field, or the stark, but impressive buttes of the Southwest. While drinking in the beauty around me, my spiritual senses are awakened and enlivened, as I study shapes, colors, and changing light.
My studio works consist of fabric, florals, memorable glassware, and family heirlooms. Just as I love the rolling hills and swaying tree limbs in nature, I am mesmerized by the soft folds of fabric as it winds and twists beneath and around these objects.”