August 4, 2016
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Silas Thompson (Born 1990)
Silas Thompson - Even Solomon's Splendor
Silas Thompson - Early Spring
Silas Thompson - How Now
Silas Thompson - When The Rain Comes
Silas Thompson - The Light of the North
Silas Thompson - Summer Memories
Silas Thompson - The First Whistle of Autumn
Silas Thompson - That Time of Year...That Time of Day
Silas Thompson - Another for Great Falls
Silas Thompson - The Golden Sessions
Silas Thompson - Autumn Gilt
Silas Thompson - The Cabin
- Image of the Day -
"Even Solomon's Splendor"
Feature Artist Bio
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the second of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by contemporary American landscape painter Silas Thompson (born 1990 in Texas, USA).
Silas was raised in Idaho where he and his wife live. His passion for drawing and painting was instilled at an early age; was fostered by his parents and manifested by the filling of countless sketchbooks and refrigerator magnets. Setting out on annual backpacking trips with his father he began to treasure the distinct birthmarks and icons of beautiful rivers, valleys, and mountains that carve through the high desert and vast farmlands of the West. But it is the distinctly imputed beauty in creation, which points him constantly to God for continued inspiration, that drives his desire to create.
After college he continued his education by strengthening his fundamentals and work ethic in painting through five years of apprenticeships with renowned artists Caleb Meyer and Robert Moore. Silas' focus has become landscape, still life, and foreign street scenes portrayed in American Impressionism style. It is Silas’ desire that his paintings, when accompanied by heavy texture and a loose-but-firm style, capture an essence, while allowing the eye to finish the image and the mind to evoke the emotion.
Silas and his wife, Bianca, live in Southern Idaho, where they enjoy the freedom of large open spaces and seemingly never-ending adventure.
The artist's artworks are represented by Dana Gallery, Missoula, MT; Huey’s Fine Art, Santa Fe, NM; Mountain House Gallery, McCall, ID and Montana Gallery, Red Fish, MT.
• Charlie Russell Art Auction 2014
• Inclusion in: “A Feeling of Humanity: Western Art from the Ken Ratner Collection.” A traveling show.
◦ The Rockwell Museum: Corning, NY
◦ Mattituck Museum: Waterbury, CT
◦ Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art: David City, NE
◦ St George City Art Museum: Saint George, UT
• People Choice Award: Dana Gallery 2015
• Young Gun Of The Year: Dana Gallery 2015
• Vero Beach, FL Paint-Out Invitational 2015
• Solo Show - Dana Gallery, Dec. 2015
• Invitational judge of Redfish Paint-Out 2015
• Missoula Art Museum Auction 2016
• Member of PAPI (Plein Air Painters of Idaho) 2016
ARTIST'S OFFICIAL BIO
OFFICIAL WEBSITE http://www.silasthompsonfineart.com/