May 21, 2018
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Laurent Chantraine (Born 1963)
- Image of the Day -
"No. 309 - St. Marine"
Feature Artist Bio
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the first of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by French painter
Laurent Chantraine (born 1963 in Paris, France).
Laurent began painting alongside his father, himself a painter, at the age of six. After studying art at the École Supérieure des Arts Appliqués Duperré, followed by a higher diploma--Brevet of Higher Technician in Visual Expression--at Ecole Estienne, he moved in 1986 and worked as an independent graphic designer.
From 1987 to 1991 he was manager of the Atelier du Point du Jour art gallery. He has been a teacher since 1991. In 1993 he gave drawing lessons at the conservatory of Gagny and in a private high school in Villemomble. He conducted an Anime painting workshop from 1993 to 1998 and an Anime drawing workshop at the IUFM from 2004 to 2010.
Laurent is now teaching the visual arts at the ESPE (Higher School Teacher Training). In March 2013, he created the association "Regards de Pastellistes", of which he is President, and organizes the International Exhibition of East Paris.
Prizes and Distinctions
- Laurent is a Member of the Society of Pastellists of France, and several associations of pastellists.
- Silver Medal of the Academy of Arts-Sciences-Letters
- 1st Prize of the Contest "our readers have talent" from the magazine "Pratique of Arts" ,
- Medal of Vermeil of the European Institute of the Contemporary Arts,
- Named Knight by the European Academy of "Arts-Letters-Philosophy", from which he received the "Consecration Prize"
- Past exhibitions in Brittany, Pastel in Yvelines, Pastel in Perigord
- Finalist of the 2nd International Biennale of Pastel in Spain).
- Purchase of a work by the pastel museum of St. Aulaye (24).
The artist likes to share his passion with the public and very often carries out demonstrations, or runs races where he is requested, in France (Ile de France, Brittany, Dauphiné, Pays de Loire, Normandy, Languedoc-Roussillon, Périgord) or abroad ( Belgium, Ireland, Greece). In the summer of 2017, he was invited by the Suzhou Ming Jia Arts Education Center to conduct several internships in China.