- Image of the Day -
"Morning Stroll to the Patch"
Feature Artist Bio
ARTIST'S OFFICIAL BIO https://briennembrown.com/about
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the second of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by American landscape
painter Brienne M. Brown (born 1977, in Salt Lake City, Utah).
Much to her mother’s indignation, Brienne owned little clothing that was not covered in paint. From a very young age, Brienne showed talent in art and music, but wanted to pursue a career in the sciences. She started her education at the University of Utah as a double major (Art and Chemistry), eventually receiving a BS in Chemistry and finishing with a Master’s degree in 2004.
After graduation, Brienne worked in a Toxicology lab. Though she painted some by taking an occasional class, as the years wore on, she realized she wanted more art in her life than a career in science would allow. She was surprised and delighted to find great fulfillment in painting. In fact, it became a necessity.
After leaving her job as a toxicologist to raise her first child in 2008, Brienne had the opportunity to paint more consistently. Prioritizing painting and taking workshops from artists she admired paid off. Soon she was not only exhibiting and entering shows regularly, but also winning awards. Brienne holds signature membership in the National Watercolor Society, Utah Watercolor Society and the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society.
Brienne’s most recent love is painting en plein air, which has also enhanced her studio work. She has won several top awards in many plein air competitions.
National Watercolor Society (Signature Member)
Pennsylvania Watercolor Society (Signature Member)
Utah Watercolor Society (Signature Member)
Plein Air Painters of Central Pennsylvania (Founding Member)
Laguna Plein Air Painters Association
Farmland Preservation Artists of Central Pennsylvania
American Watercolor Society
Selection of Awards and Exhibits
- 2015 Easels in Frederick Best Landscape or Town Outside Frederick City Award: "Sharing Memories"
- 2015 Camp Hill Plein Air Festival Purchase Award: "Looking Down on River Street"
- 2015 Splash 17: Inspirational Subjects for "Discussing Grandpa's House"
- 2015 Georgia Watercolor Society International: 10th Award for "Ridge Street"
- 2014 Oct/Nov "Best Watercolor" in Plein Air Salon: "Back of Chick's Cafe"
- 2014 Outstanding Watercolor in the Sept Bold Brush Online Competition: "Back of Chick's Cafe"
- 2014 UWS Fall Member Exhibition (Utah): Award of Merit for "NYC Streets"
- 2014 PWS 35th Juried Exhibition (Harrisburg, PA): Merchandise Award for "Tagged"
- 2014 Lewsiburg Arts Festival (Pennsylvania): Best of Show for "Discussing Grandpa's House"
- 2014 WFWS 39th Annual Juried Exhibition (Arizona)
- 2014 UWS Spring Open Juried Exhibition (Utah): Award of Merit for "Evening Stroll"
- 2013 UWS Fall Member Exhibition (Utah): Award of Excellence for "Morning Chores"
- 2013 Finalist in the June Bold Brush Painting Online Competition: "Discussing Grandpa's House"
- 2013 PWS 34th Juried Exhibition (Warren, PA): Honorable Mention for "On the Foothills"
- 2013 UWS Spring Open Juried Exhibition (Utah): Juror's Award for "Mount Olympus"
- 2013 PWS Online Member Competition: Honorable Mention for "Downtown Salt Lake"
- 2013 AWS 145th Juried Exhibition (New York, New York)
November 2, 2017
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Brienne M. Brown (Born 1977)
“I find beauty in everyday life, the so called ‘mundane’. Ordinary people going about their everyday lives inspire me. I especially enjoy painting en plein air, where each painting reminds me of where I was, of the experiences I had, the sounds, smells, and the people I met.
As I try and capture the essence of a scene, my paintings are always more about a moment in time than about a particular location. I enjoy sharing how I see the world.”