- Image of the Day -
"The German Church. Samara"
Feature Artist Bio
Dmitry Spiros - The German Church. Samara
Dmitry Spiros - Frunze St. Morning. Samara
Dmitry Spiros - Cloudy
Dmitry Spiros - Autumn Boulevard
Dmitry Spiros - Rain and City
Dmitry Spiros - Lonely Pines
Dmitry Spiros - Croatian Evening
Dmitry Spiros - Winter City
Dmitry Spiros - Canal in the Evening
Dmitry Spiros - Night Kaleidoscope
Dmitry Spiros - Leningrad. Samara
Dmitry Spiros - Blue Bay
ARTIST'S OFFICIAL BIO https://www.spirosart.com/The-artist/
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the second of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by Russian painter Dmitry Spiros (born 1971 in Tashkent, USSR).
Dmitry Spiros is a Russian contemporary impressionist artist. The subjects of his paintings are mostly city scenes, genre paintings, the sea, flowers, and portraits. Most of Dmitry Spiros's paintings are created using the medium of the palette knife, oils, and acrylic paint.
In 1993, having completed a term of military service, Dmitry studied art, graduating with honors after 5 years. Even during Dmitri's first year in school, he set up his first exhibition and sold many works with great success. At the same time, Dmitry also taught painting and worked as a designer for the British and American tobacco giant BAT.
Dmitry proved to be a very motivated and hardworking student at the art school. Due to his academic success, Dmitry received a merit based scholarship named after P.P. Benkov, which doubled the amount of his student stipend. Working many hours a day, he acquired the knowledge and methods that later would become a foundation for his creative endeavors. While being a student and participating in many art shows, Dmitry also created paintings on buildings, thus getting experienced in the genre of monumental painting and murals, also creating decorations for city celebrations and being commissioned for numerous portrait orders.
Dmitry lived in Tashkent until 1998. From 1998 through 2010, Spiros lived with his family in the city of Samara, Russia. Between 2000 and 2005, Dmitry Spiros worked as a designer for food giant NESTLE, developing packaging for chocolates, and also doing package design for many Russian food companies. At this time Dmitry also traveled extensively in the country side, making sketches. In 2008 Spiros collaborated with major publisher AGNI to create postcards and posters. Today posters of Dmitri’s paintings decorate the walls of many hospitals, offices and trade centers in Samara.
Dmitry traveled in Europe, frequently on foot with an easel behind his shoulders. He painted many landscapes near the German town of Baden Baden and its surroundings. In Strasburg, he made sketches of the old town, and in the ancient towns of Croatia he worked from morning till nighttime on his art.
Different challenges frequently forced Dmitry to seek new grounds for their creative activities. In 2011 Dmitri Spiros came to Mexico and settled in Cancun, having fallen in love with the beauty of Mexican beaches, the warm Caribbean Sea and the area's rich archaeological heritage. This environment, so perfect for creative work, and the diversity of its colors inspired Dmitri to spend most of the time painting.
The work of Dmitri Spiros, and his participation in several charity auctions, continue to attract more and more attention. His paintings are purchased by collectors and people who appreciate art and want to make an investment, because he is undoubtedly one of the most popular contemporary artists.
Today Spiros is one of the few artists who despite creating a lot of disputes regarding his art, is well-loved and appreciated by the public. His paintings are found in private collections in many countries of the world.
- Since 2015 - collaboration with Amsterdam gallery.
- 2011 May - participation in the Russian-British charity art auction “Joy,” Samara, Russia. All the proceeds from the auction were donated to build and upgrade orphanages in the Samara region of Russia.
- 2010 November - participation in the Russian-British "Charterhouse Charity Art Auction," London, England. All the proceeds from the auction were donated to The Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust" (HART).
- 2010 June - a creative workshop while traveling in the towns of Croatia.
- 2009 August - a creative workshop and exposition at the city of Baden Baden, Germany and Strasbourg, France.
- 2008 April - personal exhibition “Venice – ripples of water”
- 2007 December - "ТЭЦ - территория искусства," an exposition of the project by Volzhsky TGK , Russia.
- 2006 - collaborative exhibition, an art project of the Volga Energy Company, Samara, Russia.
-2005 March - personal exhibition at the bank "РБР", Samara, Russia.
-2005 February - personal exhibition at the bank Solidarity, Samara.
-2002 May - personal exhibition at the art gallery Meridien, Samara, Russia.
- 2000 - group exhibition “Pallette,” Samara, Russia.
- 1998 - collaborative exhibition “Celebration of NAVRUZ" at the Central House of the Artists, Tashkent.
- 1997 A group exhibition “Colors of the Summer” at the House of the Artists, Tashkent.
- 1996 A collaborative exhibition “Spring”at the House of the Artists, Tashkent.
- 1995 Personal exhibition at the Art Academy.
February 1, 2018
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Dmitry Spiros (Born 1971)