- Image of the Day -
Feature Artist Bio
Konstantin Sterkhov - Morning Mist
Konstantin Sterkhov - Sea Meets Sky 2
Konstantin Sterkhov - White Dress
Konstantin Sterkhov - Fountains
Konstantin Sterkhov - Flood
Konstantin Sterkhov - Mountains In Guangxi
Konstantin Sterkhov - Sunny Helsinki
Konstantin Sterkhov - Gloomy Summer
Konstantin Sterkhov - Borbera River
Konstantin Sterkhov - Guangxi Dong Village
Konstantin Sterkhov - Seascapes Turkey
Konstantin Sterkhov - Winter MC
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the first of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by contemporary Russian landscape painter Konstantin Sterkhov (born 1968 in Izhevsk, Russia).
From 2000 to 2010, Konstantin’s work included a main designer job, and teaching master classes in watercolor. In 2009, when the “design craze” had settled, Sterkhov began to prepare the ground for a full transition to engage in art and teaching. At this time, his series of video courses in watercolor was very popular, and thanks to the Internet, became accessible to a wide range of watercolor lovers. At the same time, he started a blog about watercolor, first in Russian, and then in English. There was a meeting with a publisher, and as a consequence, a business partnership emerged, in the form of a series of books, representing the aquatic technique of painting in vivid interviews with famous contemporary watercolorists. A new initiative in this outreach - a “pilot” of the first digital magazine in Russia about watercolor – was read by about 15 thousand people.
Konstantin has earned the reputation of an expert in watercolor. He has many times been invited to the jury at international exhibitions, where he represents Russia. Sterhov’s workshops have run from Moscow to Yakutia, Finland and Sweden, to Thailand and China. The artist generously shares his experience in free online lessons for a large audience. The most difficult thing in such a flurry of activity is to find time for one’s own creativity, but he manages that as well. In the fall of 2015, he presented his series “17 Moments of the summer. Coincidences” at the “Happy Melody” in Nanning, China, where only 7 foreign artists were invited.
Konstantin Sterkhov tries to keep a balance between creativity and the promotion of watercolor. In 2013, he had attracted many influential artists from other countries to participate in the jury board of the Biennale “Art Bridge” of St. Petersburg Watercolor Society. Due to his enthusiasm and the work of the group of his colleagues – Elena Bazanova, Konstantin Kuzema and Sergey Temerev – it made possible the success of the international exhibition "Masters of Watercolor" in the Great Hall of the St. Petersburg Artists Union in January 2015. This event was a real breakthrough for watercolor in Russia, challenging the seemingly unshakeable status of oil painting.
Konstantin is an active participant in international competitions and fundraisers, a curator and member of the jury of exhibition projects and festivals, and co-founder of the "Masters of watercolors," as well as the initiator of the international competition of watercolors as part of the Biennale Art Bridge.
The artist's works are in collections of local museums, private and corporative collections in Europe, Asia and America. Konstantin has exhibited at six solo and thirty collective Russian and international exhibitions in the venues of private, urban and museum institutions.
- Hermitage, Vyborg
- Exhibition Hall of the Artists Association
- Museum of Gallen Kalela (Finland)
- City center Sanomatalo (Finland)
- Gallery Akvart
- Art Museum of Shenzhen (China)
- National Library in Nanjing (China)
- Museum of the Contemporary Art in Qingdao (China)
- Ratchamdanoen Center of Contemporary Art in Bangkok (Thailand)
- Watercolor Gallery in San-Diego (USA)
- Konstantin won the award of an independent jury of the Hermitage Museum at the watercolor Biennale Art Bridge in the genre "Seascape" in 2005.
- Diploma 1st grade in cityscape at Art Bridge Biennial, 2015.
Member of the Artists Association
Member of Saint-Petersburg Watercolor Society
Member of the Finnish Watercolor Society
Publishing Projects (as author)
- Book "Masters Of Watercolor. Elements Of Water" - “Music Planet,” 2013
- Book "Masters Of Watercolor. From Classic To Contemporary" - “Music Planet," 2014
- Book "Masters Of Watercolor. From East To West" - “Music Planet," 2015
- Watercolor instructional video series "Landscape,""Seascape,""Portrait,"“Flowers” - “Music Planet,” 2012-2014
- Co-founder and art director of the magazine "Planet Of Watercolor" - 2014
- The author of a series of works for the charity of the International Organization for the Protection of Children's Rights USWRC, 1996-1997.
April 10, 2017
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Konstantin Sterkhov (Born 1968)