- Image of the Day -
"McCarrs Creek, Pittwater"
Feature Artist Bio
Joe Cartwright - McCarrs Creek, Pittwater
Joe Cartwright - Australian Farm Scene, Quirindi
Joe Cartwright - Light and the Old Shearing Shed
Joe Cartwright - Victoria Bridge, Penrith, NSW
Joe Cartwright - Road to Dunns Swamp
Joe Cartwright - From Anvil Rock
Joe Cartwright - Victoria Bridge, Penrith
Joe Cartwright - On the Road to Rockleyn
Joe Cartwright - Golden Light
Joe Cartwright - River Red Gums at the Flinders Ranges
Joe Cartwright - Bringelly Farm, NSW
Joe Cartwright - Wet Day in Bathurst
ARTIST'S OFFICIAL BIO http://www.joecartwright.com.au/about-joe-cartwright-australian-watercolor-artist/
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the first of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by contemporary Australian landscape painter Joe Cartwright (born 1953 in Malta).
Primarily self-taught, Joe has been painting with watercolors since 1998, and professionally since 2004.
He has a fluid and spontaneous manner, which allows him to capture the mood and atmosphere of his subjects with a style that encourages viewers to involve themselves with his work.
He covers a wide range of themes from landscapes, town life, flowers, portraits and figures. He believes any subject can lead to an exciting work of art. Joe is always looking for an interesting viewpoint which he can bring to his audience, allowing them to connect more closely to the world around them.
Joe has had articles published in a number of Australian and International magazines, and has published a book titled, “Mastering Watercolors – a practical guide.” Which can be purchased from Amazon.com as both a paperback and an e-book.
The artist conducts regular watercolor classes and workshops.
Joe has won over 90 awards (see below).
- 2013 Macquarie Towns Art Society – Best in Show
- 2013 Macquarie Towns Art Society – 1st Watercolor
- 2012 Winmalee Artfest – Best Watercolor
- 2011 Sydney Royal Arts Show – Highly Commended, Watercolor
- 2009 Penrith Show – 1st Prize Watercolor, 1st Prize Landscape
- 2009 John Copes Watercolor Prize – 1st Prize
- 2009 Blackheath Rhododendron Festival – 1st Prize Miniatures
- 2008 Central Coast Festival of Arts – 1st Prize Local Scene
- 2008 Currabubula Red Cross Show – 1st Prize Watercolor
- 2008 Penrith Show – Best in Show, 1st Prize Landscape
- 2008 Orange Blossom Festival – 1st Prize Watercolor
- 2008 Sydney Royal Arts Show – 3rd Prize Watercolor
- 2006 Penrith Show – 1st Prize Watercolor
- 2002 Penrith Show – 1st Prize Watercolor
2016 Artist’s Palette Magazine
2015 Book, Mastering Watercolors by Joe Cartwright
2015 Leisure Painter Magazine (United Kingdom)
2014 Artist’s Palette Magazine
2010 Grey Sparrow Journal (USA) front and back cover
2006 Australian Artist Magazine, (December)
2006 Australian Artist Magazine, (August)
April 12, 2017
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Joe Cartwright (Born 1953)