- Image of the Day -
"Hill Country Sentinel"
Feature Artist Bio
ARTIST'S OFFICIAL BIO http://lyndaconley.com/about
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the first of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by American
landscape painter Lynda Conley (born 1960 in Texas, USA).
Lynda Conley is a signature member of the Pastel Society of America, as well as the Pastel Society of the West Coast and Pastel Society of the Southwest. Lynda earned a BFA from Texas Christian University. Lynda’s primary medium of choice is pastel although she sometimes paints in watercolor.
Lynda has gained national recognition for her colorful pastel landscapes. She was highlighted in the December 2015 issue of Pastel Journal magazine in an article titled “Artists to Watch”. Her work has been included in many national juried exhibitions. Lynda was recently awarded “Best of Show” in the 2017 Texas and Neighbors juried exhibition. In three consecutive years (2015-2017), she won the gold medal (first place) in pastel at the Bosque Art Classic, a juried national show.
Her work is included in exhibitions sponsored by the International Association of pastel Societies and the Pastel Society of America. She recently won the “Pastel Societies of New England” award in the 2017 Pastel Society of America’s exhibit “Enduring Brilliance”. She has also received awards in shows held by the Pastel Society of the West Coast, the Pastel Society of New Mexico and the Pastel Society of the Southwest.
She paints in her studio as well as on location, in plein air. A frequent traveler, her colorful landscapes are inspired by locations of natural beauty found around the United States.
Exhibitions and Awards
- 2017 Pastel Societies of New England Award, Pastel Society of America “Enduring Brilliance” 45th Annual Exhibition
- 2017, 2016, 2015 Gold Medal (First Place) in pastel, Bosque Art Classic
- 2017 UART juried online exhibition, accepted
- 2017 IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies) juried convention exhibit, accepted
- 2017 Best of Show, Texas and Neighbors juried regional exhibition
- 2016 Landscape Award, Pastel Society of the Southwest National Juried Exhibition,
- 2009-2017 Pastel Society of the Southwest National Juried Exhibition, accepted
- 2017, 2016, 2015, 2012 “Pastels USA” Annual International Open Exhibition, (PSWC), accepted
- 2017, 2016 “Preservation is the Art of the City” (benefitting Historic Fort Worth Inc.), accepted
- 2016 IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies) 28th juried exhibition, accepted
- 2016 Award of Excellence, OPOMAC (Old Post Office Museum and Art Center), 2016 National Show
- 2016, 2015 Pastel Society of the West Coast, (online) juried membership show, accepted
- 2015 Arkansas Pastel Society’s “Reflections in Pastel” national juried show, accepted
- 2015 Jack Richeson and Guerrilla Painter Award, Pastel Society of New Mexico 24th Annual National Pastel Exhibition,
- 2015 Second and Third place in pastels/drawing division, “Art in the Garden” exhibit
- 2015 Texas and Neighbors 30th Regional Art Exhibition, accepted
- 2014 International Association of Pastel Societies 25th Juried Exhibition web show, accepted,
- 2014 Richard McKinley Award, Pastel Society of the West Coast (Pastels USA),
- 2014 1st in Landscape, Austin Pastel Society
Pastel Society of America,
Pastel Society of the West Coast
Pastel Society of the Southwest
Austin Pastel Society
Outdoor Painters Association
Professional Workshops Attended
Richard McKinley (in Italy, Bend, Santa Barbara and Dallas)
Albert Handell, Lorenzo Chavez, Marla Baggetta, Judith Carducci, Bill Hosner, Bob Rohm and Mike Beeman
October 2, 2017
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Lynda Conley (Born 1960)
“I love all of nature and I am constantly amazed at the beauty and diversity of our creator’s handiwork. Watching God’s ever-changing orchestration of light on our world, I am continuously inspired to paint.”