- Image of the Day -
Feature Artist Bio
Denise Vitollo - Winery 2
Denise Vitollo - Main Street Marshalton
Denise Vitollo - Jellies
Denise Vitollo - Waiting
Denise Vitollo - Winterthur Barn
Denise Vitollo - Neighborhood
Denise Vitollo - Tranquility
Denise vitollo - Hagley Canal
Denise Vitollo - Arles (pastel)
Denise Vitollo - Marshall Square Park (pastel)
Denise Vitollo - Out for a Row (pastel)
Denise Vitollo - Westtown Lake (pastel)
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the second of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by contemporary
American landscape painter Denise Vitollo (born 1952).
Denise Vitollo works in pastels and watercolor. She has taught a wide variety of students up to and including the graduate school level. Some of the schools where she has taught include: Marywood University, Misericordia University, Archmere Academy, Tower Hill School, Cab Calloway Summer, and Chester County Art Association. Her students are recipients of local, state, and national awards, including National Scholastic Art Awards at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC and Carnegie Hall in NYC, and selection into the National Foundation for the Advancement of the Arts.
Currently, Ms. Vitollo teaches at Padua Academy in Wilmington, Delaware. She was listed in the 2008 edition of Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers.
Denise has studied with Jon Redmond, Tony Allain (PSA), Casey Khlan, Barbara Jaenicke (PSA), Jen Evenhus (PSA), Master Pastelist Bill Creevy, Master Pastelist Richard McKinley, Liz Heywood Sullivan (PSA), Barbara Jaenicke (PSA), Stan Sperlak (PSA), Master Pastelist Daniel Greene, John Ebersberger, Susan Sarback and Camille Przewodek.
Denise is a juried Associate Member of the Pastel Society of America. She has participated in hundreds of group exhibits, and has had seventeen one-woman shows. Her work appears in public and private collections (The Pennsylvania State University, Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia, Regional Center for Women in the Arts), and in publications.
Ms. Vitollo was the recipient of a First-Place medal in the Annapolis Rowing Club’s 2010 row around Wye Island. She enjoys sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, traveling, and experiencing other cultures. Recently, she traveled to Bermuda, France, Italy, Iceland, California, and to the Caribbean in order to create her art work.
- Degas Pastel Society 16th Biennial National Juried Show, New Orleans, LA, 2016.
- Connecticut Pastel Society Renaissance in Pastel National Juried Show, 2015.
- Chester County Studio Tour, Host Studio, 2013-16.
- Plein Air Brandywine Valley, Wilmington, DE, 2011-2016.
- 20 Regional Artists, Montgomery County Community College, 2015.
- Historic Yellow Springs Art Show, 2008- 2016.
- Historic Yellow Springs Poster Competition, 2010-2016.
- Sunset Hill Gallery Miniature Show, West Chester, PA, 2015-16.
- Farm to Table Plein Air Show, Malvern, PA, 2016.
- Chester County Art Association Shows (Pink, Under 300, The Tree, etc.)
- Chester County Art Association Invitational Show, West Chester, PA, 2009-15.
- Pennsylvania Art Educators, Penn State Great Valley, Malvern, PA, 2015.
- Radley Run Art Show to Benefit Safe Harbor Homeless Shelter, 2011-16.
- Berwyn Art and Photo Gallery, Berwyn, PA, 2015-2016.
- Jerry's Artarama, Wilmington, DE, 2014.
- Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT, 2013.
February 28, 2017
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Denise Vitollo (Born 1952)
“My pastel artworks explore color, and how it is influenced by light and shadow. My travels to Bermuda, Iceland, Italy, France, Sedona, California, and the Caribbean during the past few years have greatly inspired my work and have assisted me in realizing my goal of conveying the intense pulsations and energy I feel in the world around me.
An avid boater, paddleboarder, and snorkeler, I am obsessed with water and what goes on underneath it, through it, and on top of it. Many of my works are about the peaceful, meditative, and graceful movements of creatures that are found in fresh and salt water.”