July 31, 2017
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Andrew Barrowman (Born 1966)
Andrew Barrowman - Summer Evening at Mullion Cove
Andrew Barrowman - Loe Bar Wave Study
Andrew Barrowman - Beach Day
Andrew Barrowman - Gwithian Sunset
Andrew Barrowman - A Break in the Clouds
Andrew Barrowman - Celtic Coastline
Andrew Barrowman - The Ebbing Tide
Andrew Barrowman - Cliffs near Porthleven
Andrew Barrowman - Steel Grey Sea
Andrew Barrowman - Great Flat Lode Winter
Andrew Barrowman - Frosty Hedgerow
Andrew Barrowman - Mousehole Lights at Dusk
- Image of the Day -
"Summer Evening at Mullion Cove"
Feature Artist Bio
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the first of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by British landscape
painter Andrew Barrowman (born 1966 in Stratford Upon Avon, UK).
Andrew is a landscape artist based in Helston, Cornwall, UK, where he is able to explore the variety of landscapes. Working en plein air and in the studio with oils he tries to capture the atmosphere and ‘feel’ of a place without being too specific to the location.
Born in Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire he was always drawing from an early age. This lead him into college studying technical illustration and then a short career in an advertising studio. As computers began to take over, making him redundant, he went back to art college to study wildlife illustration and it is here he really began to paint outdoors. Although the course was primarily about the study and depiction of wildlife, it was the habitat and surrounding landscapes that he really became interested in.
After several years illustrating books and mural painting with schools, he began to do more painting and less illustrating. This has led him to exhibit widely in the UK and he has his work in collections far and wide.
His recent work relies on direct observations of nature, often whilst out walking his dogs. The contrasting light and colour motivates Andrew to paint a landscape and his current work is concerned with this interaction rather than details.
Working on several paintings in the studio at the same time means he always has something to work on in various states of readiness. He also loves painting outdoors, usually finding somewhere quiet, off from the beaten track where he can work quickly and more loosely to try and capture that particular moment in time.
The artist's latest work can be found on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/andrewbarrowmanart/ and Instagram andrew.barrowman
- Sherfield Open 20th January – 10th March Sherfield Gallery, Sherfield School, Sherfield on Loddon, Hampshire. Mixed Show
- Lizard Art Spring Art Fair 5th March – 26th March Stable Yard Gallery, Trelowarren Estate, Mawgan, TR12 6AF. Mixed Show
- Lizard Art members exhibition from 29th March Stable Yard Gallery, Trelowarren Estate, Mawgan, TR12 6AF. Mixed Show
- The Crypt Gallery St Ives, Cornwall 6th May – 12th May Mixed Show with some Lizard Art members
- Cornwall Open Studios 2017 27th May – 4th June My studio in Helston will be open for visitors. Lots of work in progress to see alongside finished paintings, sketchbooks, prints and cards available to buy
- Lizard Art members exhibition from 10th June
- Buxton Spa Prize 2017 1st – 31st July, I will have 2 plein air paintings on show that I did on site in Buxton. The exhibition includes the sale of work and runs from Saturday 1st July until Monday 31st July at The Green Man Gallery – Hardwick Hall, Hardwick Square South, Buxton Spa, Derbyshire. SK17 6PY
- Fresh Paint at Picton Castle, Pembrokeshire – 2017 1st July – 29th July Open exhibition where I will have 3 plein air paintings on show
- Society of Equestrian Artists – 10th July – 16th July 2017 At the National Heritage Centre for Horseracing & Sporting Art at Palace House, Newmarket. I have had 1 painting accepted at this Open Exhibition
- The Old Lifeboat House Gallery 15th – 21st July Porthleven, Cornwall – Solo Exhibition
- Fine Art Commissions, St James London – 3rd – 18th August (WINNER wildcard exibitor pick from Fresh Paint Picton exhibition)
ARTIST'S OFFICIAL BIO http://andrewbarrowman.com/painter-profile/
“I love going out to paint direct from the landscape 'plein air'. I find it very satisfying to be out in the elements painting with my oils. I also enjoy working from my studio in Helston, where I can work more into a painting, really getting into the paint to try and capture the light and atmosphere of a place or moment in time.”