July 6, 2017
Twelve Pieces by Contemporary Artist
Lana Temina (Born 1971)
Lana Temina - Montenegro. Boats
Lana Temina - Blooming Tree (watercolor)
Lana Temina - Bulgarian landscape (watercolor)
Lana Temina - Autumn in St. Petersburg (watercolor)
Lana Temina - Tvertsa (mixed media)
Lana Temina - Landscape with the Moon (watercolor)
Lana Temina - Tyver (watercolor)
Lana Temina - November First (watercolor)
Lana Temina - Winter in Bulgaria 5 (watercolor)
Lana Temina - Night in Venice (watercolor)
Lana Temina - Winter in Bulgaria 6 (watercolor)
Lana Temina - Winter in Bulgaria 3 (watercolor)
- Image of the Day -
Feature Artist Bio
By permission of the artist, The Cyber Art Show is pleased to feature the second of two 12-piece exhibitions of works by Russian
landscape painter Lana Temina (born 1971 in Moscow, Russia).
Russian artist Lana Temina was born in Moscow into a family of doctors. With art-loving parents and a in house full of paintings and art books, her creative thrust was always encouraged.
Impressionists and post-impressionists, especially Marke, Courbet, Corot and Levitan, were the first teachers for small Lana. Later she attended art school for several years. In 1990, with formal schooling over, Lana began working as an independent artist, periodically filling out the blank walls of banks and hotels with sunsets, fogs and yachts. That same year saw her first solo exhibition, in Nekrasov Central Public State Library, followed by two more at the German Embassy in Moscow, in 1993 and 1994.
Recent Events and Publications
- Art project "Traditions of the Russian Landscape” in 2011, dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the birth of the Russian landscapist Levitan. Paintings included in the album.
- In 2011 received a grant and to take part in an international plein air exhibition in Montenegro organized by the Cultural Heritage Foundation.
- Presented work at the International Balkan Festival of Arts in Budva (2011) and also The Stoliv Gallery, at the Castello di Boka Hotel, Montenegro (2011 & 2012).
- Art project in 2012 dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the birth of the Russian Impressionist painter Konstantin Korovin.
- Participated in the exhibition in Moscow and publication of the album "Traditions of Russian Painting”.
- Solo-exhibition at The Moscow International Art Salon in 2012.
- Exhibited at The Montenegrin Plein Air Festival "Dreams of Montenegro”, Moscow, and shown in the final album, published by the Cultural Heritage Foundation.
- Solo exhibition in The State Art Hall “Tushino”, Moscow, in 2012.
- 1st Place in the category of "Watercolor" among professionals at Russian Art Week (2013).
- 2nd Place in Switzerland Art Week, category: “Watercolor” (2013).
- Participated in the first watercolor festival A La Prima, in Moscow, 2013.
- Solo exhibition in the Central House of Journalists in Moscow, 2014.
- Finalists of the ART-Preview contest (2014).
- 2009–2017 participated in group exhibitions in Russia and abroad.
- 2016, joined the Artist Trade Union of Russia, Moscow, and is included in their “United Art Rating” under Category 5B – a formed professional artist.
-Also a member of International Art Foundation, Moscow.
ARTIST'S OFFICIAL BIO http://www.artlanatemina.ru/bio.html#
“I love to travel, for it stimulates my creativity. I fall in love with every new view: landscapes, city scenes, mountains, harbors and yachts, lakes and rivers.
I especially love water. Perhaps this is because it is a part of my favorite medium, watercolor. Working with watercolor is my freedom. It drives me.
Sometimes I switch to pastels, acrylics or gouache, оr mix them all together, but first place always belongs to watercolor.
Although of lightheaded outward appearance, I take painting very seriously. It is the meaning of my existence. I paint prolifically, always discovering something new: new sights, new techniques and materials. The process is also about the journeying, moving on to the next view. I am a landscape painter."